Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Eat, Play, Love

Eat, play, love....Throw a couple of quick naps in there and that pretty much sums up Jackson's daily schedule! Although this schedule may not sound that fascinating to some, I greatly enjoy a routine and love each and every day with my boy. It is so much fun to see him learn and grow. I watch in awe most days as he learns how a toy functions or he masters a new milestone. Babies learn and grow so quickly! It truly is an amazing thing to witness!

Jackson is now eating solids three times a day. He eats oatmeal cereal with a couple ounces of fruit for breakfast, about 3 ounces of a veggie plus some yogurt or applesauce for lunch, and about 4 ounces of a meat/veggie combo plus some more yogurt or applesauce for dinner. He also eats mum-mums, sweet potato puffs, and yogurt puffs with his meals if he still seems hungry. So far I've made almost all of his food. I really enjoy this and it is quite simple. I've had to put a little more thought into it now that we are doing combos and meats, but I find it fun. He has enjoyed almost every food he has eaten so far! His least favorites are probably broccoli and carrots; however, he seemed to like these two veggies better when mixed with other foods. I think he is going to be a big eater just like his daddy! Here are some pics of our more recent foods and Jacks trying them out:


The green is a Zucchini which was a hit - you can tell by the picture below. The other is sweet potato and pork which he also liked. Sweet potatoes are one of his favorites so I could probably mix it with anything and he'd eat it! 



The above mixture is apples and blueberries. He liked this as well but it was messy to clean and also caused some messy diapers. :) 


This is his breakfast: oatmeal and strawberries banana for his fruit. 


He has a mixed reaction to many of the foods, one bite he acts like it is chocking him and the next is delicious! Make up your mind boy....

When Jackson isn't eating, he is playing. He is so interested in EVERYTHING these days. We try to mix up playing in different rooms and with different toys. He often jumps in his jumper in the morning after eating and then we play with toys on the floor. We later play with more toys in the living room. We also have an exersaucer upstairs and try to get him in that on occasion too. I think it is good for him to be in different rooms/environments and he seems to enjoy taking in his surroundings. Of course the pets follow us wherever we go, and he LOVES to watch them. Every time they move lately it catches his attention. He could stare at them for minutes (that is a long time for someone with a very limited attention span!). I love watching him play with toys. He is picking up on things so quickly - he may play with a toy for the first time one day and the next seems to be playing with the toy as it is meant to be played with. He also knows how to turn many of his toys on now. Another thing I enjoy doing with him is reading. I love how he touches all of the pages! I'm not sure if this is because he likes the touch and feel books or what, but it is cute! Here are some play time pictures:


Beau caught his attention here. He spent a while trying to catch his tail! 


He is getting the hang of this toy. He still can't make all of the animals pop open but he has learned to shut them.


Sometimes you play so hard you just have to kick back and prop your feet up. :)  

We also try to get together each week with his friend Charlotte. Below are a couple of pictures of them "playing." I love the way babies interact with each other. They like to watch each other and crawl toward each other. From what I can tell, Jackson is starting to develop a little empathy. Every time that Charlotte lets out a shriek (even when it is a happy sound) he cries! It is funny and sweet at the same time. What a sweet boy....


I love how they just watch each other. They are also usually interested in the same toy. Don't worry, we haven't had any melt downs over sharing yet. 


Here are pictures to document his sensitivity. Above, just checking Charlotte out. Below, crying after she squealed. Love him. 


This play date was cut a little short because he was so emotional. In his defense he only napped for about 5 minutes that morning.

Man I love this baby boy! You guys may get tired of reading it but it is true. He is so happy and smiley. He also clings to his mommy which just melts my heart even more. He is starting to reach for me some or grab onto my arm when I try to pass him to someone else. I can feel his love for me too. :)  I'm so grateful I get to spend each day with him and that I get to be around to watch him grow.

I will have more of an update from the past month in the next day or two as the little man has grown another month older!

No comments:

Post a Comment