Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

First Father's Day

Sorry this is a little late, but we've been without a computer for a few days. It is a long story - I'll just say that someone accidentally left HIS bag at the beach (with the computer in it!). Luckily it was found and returned safely to us.  :)

Anyway, I wanted to write a quick little Father's Day post. This was Mike's first Father's Day. We drove back from the beach that morning. The afternoon was a little stressful due to the bag fiasco. However, we had a nice rest of the afternoon/evening together as a family. Mike opened his presents, played with Jackson, and then we went on a walk and grabbed dinner and ice cream. It was fairly low-key but I just love spending time together as a family!

Mike has really shown to be such a great father in these past ten months. I always had confidence that he would be, but I had not seen him around babies a lot. As with any first time parent, you never really know what to expect until you're there. Well, I can truly say that Mike has learned so much about babies and parenting since Jacks was born. I've seen him grow not only as a father, but as a husband and person too. I love watching the two of them together. They are both so happy and enjoy their time crawling around, playing, and being silly. I love seeing how Jackson lights up when Mike returns home from work - we watch through the front door and when he sees daddy pull up a big grin spreads across his face and his arms and legs start kicking and waving. Such a sweet sight. He really adores his daddy! Not only have I enjoyed seeing these precious moments between father and son, I've also enjoyed watching Mike's priorities shift as our family dynamic changed. His family is the most important thing to him and he works so hard to take care of and protect me and Jackson. This allows me to stay home and raise our sweet boy. I am forever grateful for this!

I love you Mike and Jackson loves you too! Happy Father's Day to one amazing daddy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment