Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

DIY Stacked Picture Frame

I love a good DIY project and have really gotten into crafts the last couple of years. There isn't one particular craft that I am good at. I just enjoy making things when I can, especially for the house. Before I make myself sound too crafty, let me set one thing straight - I'm not very creative on my own but am pretty good at replicating projects that others have done (thanks Pinterest for the many ideas!). I know I am not alone in saying this - I'm certain that tons of people have stepped up their crafting, cooking, baking, photography, you name it since the start of Pinterest.

Anytime I am shopping or browsing the web for home decor ideas I try to see if any of the items are things I could make myself. I've completed a lot of DIY projects in Jackson's nursery. It has been a work in progress, but I think that I am finally finished with decorating it (ok, there may be one more small project....). My latest was making a stacked picture frame.

This past summer while I was still pregnant with Jackson, I saw these frames at Hobby Lobby and thought they would look adorable in his room:




I also had these frames pinned from Etsy.

And finally I found this DIY frame off of Pinterest at Positively Splendid.

My final project turned out very similar to this, although I did change a few things. I painted my stripes on instead of using vinyl. I also had a hard time finding velcro that would work, so I used the 3-M velcro strips. This makes it a little harder to change the picture out, but it is still possible. I am very pleased with the final product! Here are a few images of the process and outcome:






Finished! 


I inserted one of his photos from his recent 6 month shoot into the frame and just love it! What a precious picture. :) 


I replaced another item on his wall collage with this frame and really like how it looks with everything else. LOVE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment