Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Baby Update: 3rd Trimester

Well I thought now might be a good time to update on my pregnancy because the little lady could arrive at anytime! I am 38 weeks today (that's just two weeks from due date!!!!). I felt like we'd never get to this point and now it is crazy to think we will be meeting our little girl any day. As I said in earlier posts, much of the pregnancy went by rather slowly for me; however, time has really picked up over the past couple of months. We've been so busy with moving and every day life that I can't believe the end of my pregnancy is here!

We hit panic mode a couple of weeks ago. At my 36 week appointment I was 3 cm dilated. Although that doesn't necessarily mean anything, we just realized that she would be here soon and we had nothing baby ready. We got a lot done in the past week or so and feel like we can breathe again. We've made a ton of progress in her room, cleaned the car seat and installed it, washed up all the teeny tiny clothes, prepared hospital bags, and some other miscellaneous baby things. I still need to finish some decor items for her room and paint a bookshelf, but considering we had nothing in there a week and a half ago we are doing pretty good!!

As for me, I've felt a lot better this trimester. Thank God!!!! I am finally off of all nausea medicines which has been nice. I had a couple good weeks of sleep before the aching hips/legs set in and getting up to use he bathroom a hundred times a night! Haha oh the joys of pregnancy.....I do have to take stronger medicine for heartburn/indigestion now but I feel fine as long as I take it. At this point, I think most of my aches and pains are just normal end of pregnancy discomfort. Physically, my body is more than ready for baby Olivia to come out!!

We think Jackson is understanding more now about having a baby. He rubs my belly and says baby sissy and gives her kisses. He is also obsessed with sissy's room and loves going in there. He knows all the random baby items out are for her too. He loves babies so much and is so sweet to them. We really think he is going to be a great big brother! The little guy has gotten a lot more into mommy again lately, so that may be a challenge when I can't devote all my attention to him. He adjusted so well with the move though I just think he will do great with this change too.

That's it for now.  I  will leave you with a couple of pics. Hopefully the next pregnancy/baby update will be after our little lady is here!!




No comments:

Post a Comment