Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Baby #2: First Trimester

I'm almost 16 weeks now, so this is a bit late but considering we just announced the pregnancy in the last couple of weeks I think that's okay. :) So, for those of you who know what my first (and part of second) trimester was like with Jackson and are curious if this was similar - the answer is YES. I'm one of those really lucky ladies that gets to experience pregnancy nausea and vomiting to its fullest! I didn't end up in urgent care this time, but I did have to have my mom come take care of Jackson for a week. I was more prepared with medication from the beginning; however, I still felt pretty awful. It was all I could do to get the sweet boy fed, clothed, and diapered on a daily basis. We spent several weeks inside the house with me mostly laying on the couch. Thank God for a newer medication that has made a world of a difference for me this time around. I still get sick periodically, but this medicine has made it much easier for me to function and get Jackson out of the house daily. Even though I am a few weeks past the first trimester now, I still don't feel the greatest and am still pretty tired. I'm hopeful it will end soon! I also try not to complain too much because I know that we are extremely blessed and that the little gift at the end is worth every second of this!

One thing that has been different so far with this pregnancy is my uncontrollable hunger. At least once a day I get so hungry that nothing will satisfy my hunger. I feel like I eat for hours sometimes - so much for controlling the weight gain... :) It's also a lot more tiring the second time around when you have a very young, energetic toddler to keep up with. I'm not sure my energy will every return at this point! haha My house is a disaster at all times and we never cook, but my boy is healthy and the new little one is healthy so far so the rest of that does not matter! 

I wrote this in my last post, but we are beyond thrilled to be welcoming another sweet baby into our family. We are interested to see how Jackson reacts - there may be some jealousy but he will be a good big brother (eventually). I go for my 16 week appointment this week and then in about two and a half weeks we have our ultrasound. We cannot wait to find out whether we will be adding another little man or a little lady to our family! 

Here are a few pics of my baby bump growth so far:









Thanks for checking in! Hugs to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment