Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

DIY Birthday Projects

I'm a WAY behind on writing this post, but time really got away from me after Jackson's birthday. Life was busy for a few weeks and then I started getting sick from this pregnancy - as you know, I am constantly playing catch up now! I still wanted to post some of the DIY projects I did for J's birthday. Below are pictures, links, and instructions to a lot of the things I made/assembled:


 

Door Wreath 



High Chair banner here and here


I've seen this photo display a few times on pinterest. Here was my original inspiration and then I tweaked it some. 




I love the look of the chalkboard signs with all of the baby's stats from their first year; however, to have one made on etsy seemed a little expensive and I don't have fun handwriting to make things like this on a real chalkboard myself, so I searched for a DIY version and found a downloadable chalkboard print (sorry, I don't have a link saved for this) and then went to picmonkey.com and created the sign using their fonts and graphics. It took a little time but I was happy with my free result! 


Although my party pack came with an editable sign, I wanted a photo booth sign with more detail. I saw this one on this blog along with the "Real Men Eat Cupcakes" sign below. I then went to picmonkey.com and created very similar ones myself. 



I also use picmonkey for the thank you sign - I did not get this sign idea from some other blog. Just used a play on words with the mustache party theme. And you guessed it, the "Wet Your Whiskers" sign was also created on picmonkey. I've seen similar signs to all of these on etsy, but since I already paid for the party pack, I did not want to spend extra money on these signs. I'm so glad I found picmonkey.com and was able to create them myself! 



I saw numerous examples of photo booths when using pinterest to come up with a party theme. I decided to just hang this piece of burlap fabric that I already had. we added a few decorations to the corner and kept it simple. I do wish I had made it a bit wider, but it was still fun. The party pack I purchased on Etsy came with mustaches and bow ties to cute out and use as photo props. I also purchased some sticky mustaches and a few pairs of those party glasses with the attached nose and mustaches for additional props. 


I used the photo props from the party package to make other decorations. I made a mustache and bowtie garland to hang on the cake table. I also taped them to straws and sticks to make the table decor and fill vases. The thank you tags and toppers for the cookies were also from the party package. 



The "J" frame is decor from his room. I also used some picture frames that had already been spray painted int he turquoise from his room. 


I purchased the Little Man Party Pack from Sour Punch Studios and can be found here

I had such a fun time planning, decorating, and cooking for this party! I know it was a lot of work but it is fun for me to see it all come together. I love the adorable packages that you can get on etsy now and they look much more custom than things you can buy in store. I plan to reuse some of the items I made (you will see I did for Mikes birthday). Thanks for checking out the party details!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment