Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 2nd Trimester

I cannot believe that we are finally to the third trimester! This pregnancy has seemed to go by pretty slow for me, but time has really picked up the last few weeks and I'm sure these next couple of months will fly by! Life has been as normal as it can be at this point - we stay busy and get by the best we can. Unfortunately, I still get sick from to time and I just recently felt like I started to get some energy back. I guess these reasons contribute to why this pregnancy seems so slow for me. I do what I can to keep Jackson entertained and having fun. The house and cooking still struggle a bit (although we are doing better!).

Anyway, here is a little update of all that has gone on the last few months:

  • I started feeling little movements around 15 weeks - just flutters at first, but they are much stronger and more frequent now. Little lady is ALWAYS very active as soon as I hit the bed! 
  • At 16 weeks I passed my first glucose test, actually my blood sugar was low. The Md wanted to test me early for gestational diabetes in case it was missed with jacks since he was so large, but I was fine. 
  • At 17 weeks we found out that this sweet baby is a GIRL! 
  • Our ultrasound at 18 weeks revealed a small cyst in her brain. We did additional screening and the cyst was gone at that point. Everything else looks very normal and I'm very low risk for any genetic abnormalities but we continue to pray for a healthy little girl. 
  • Since that point I do continue to get sick every 2-3 weeks. I also fight nausea every afternoon/evening. I'm just so hungry all of the time and if I don't eat right away I get nauseous. 
  • I have more energy during the day; however, have a very hard time sleeping at night and toss and turn much of it. This makes waking up hard for me. 
  • If you've read my other posts, you know how busy Jackson is. I am doing the very best I can to keep up with him but it is becoming increasingly more difficult. I can't tell that soon getting down on the floor to play, giving baths, changing diapers (unless on changing table) and holding him on my lap are going to be too hard. 
  • We've had a very busy few months with lots of traveling and friends visiting. We've had company a couple times and traveled to Chapel Hill, Tennessee, DC, Jamaica, Fayetteville, and Asheville. 
We are scheduled for another glucose test this week. Other than that it's just routine care until the last month. At that point we will do a weight check to see if baby girl is as big as her big brother was! Fingers crossed she is a little smaller and that we can avoid induction/c-section. 

As for the next couple of months we may take one quick trip to Chapel Hill and then plan to stick around home, spend time together as a family of 3 while we can, and just relax!




Guess I didn't plan my outfits very well - in my defense, there were 3 other pictures in between these two and this really shows how much my belly grew in the 4 weeks!



About 12 more weeks to go! I will update as it gets closer. Can't wait to meet our sweet little lady! 





No comments:

Post a Comment