Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Dump Trucks & Donuts: Jackson's 2nd Birthday

Jackson turned two today. For the last 6+ months he has been obsessed with trucks and other forms of transportation, so when I started planning his birthday it was a no brainer to have some sort of construction truck party.  After browsing Pinterest and coming up with ideas I found a super cute invitation on etsy for a "Dump Trucks and Donuts" party. Well, what better way to celebrate turning two than with dump trucks and donuts? The more I thought about it, a breakfast partied seemed like an awesome idea. The food was fun and having the party early worked out great for nap time. His invitation and decor are pictured below.

Our menu included the following:
Dump truck tires (donuts)
Wrecking balls (donut holes)
Boulders (sausage balls)
Land for sale (breakfast casserole)
Stoplights (fruit kabobs of strawberries, pineapple, and green grapes)
Concrete mix (yogurt) with toppings of pebbles and gravel (blueberries and granola)

We served coffee, water, and juice at our fueling station. :)

The kiddos mostly ran around and played outside, but I had set up a couple activities in our still empty dining room for them. These included a road to drive toy trucks on, coloring pages of various construction vehicles, and stickers. We had a cone toss game for outside and had planned on digging in the sandbox but of course it stormed overnight. A couple of kids enjoyed the indoor activities - I guess most two year olds still don't like sitting still! Ha


Here is the birthday boy with the first donut of the day...we got him a special sprinkle one to blow a candle out in before the party (last year we did a candle in pancakes).




Dining room set up for the kiddos. 


These cute little trucks were the party favors. I reused my frame that I made last year for his party and hung pictures of Jackson from the past year. 



Again, I reused this wreath that has been used at a couple parties already. Just added the road signs and little trucks. 







The spread! I just loved all the little road signs that I got with his party package. I bought the invitation (pictured below), road signs, truck signs, and cupcake toppers from this etsy store. 





The fueling station! 



Mommy and daddy with our big boy! 


I made this birthday banner for Mikes party last year and reused it for Jacks. 


This road was just a table runner purchased from hobby lobby. I had planned to make my own road until I found this! 


Peyton playing and coloring in a truck! 


Emma driving a car! 


Boys doing what boys do best, running around wild! 




Some of our parent party guests. 



Blowing out his dump truck candle on his cupcake. Jacks seemed to enjoy when everyone was singing to him. 



Eating a cupcake with Emma, his little girlfriend. 


These three were so cute...they kept singing the birthday song over and over, changing the name each time. 


Elliott, Emma's big brother. 


Family picture! 


Gabby showing me her construction hat! 


I bought the hats on amazon and the stickers here. I was able to add each child's name to the sticker and put on the hats. I thought the stickers were so cute and they came in four different construction trucks. 

Jackson had been looking forward to his party all week and he definitely had a fun time. He ate way too many donuts and was exhausted well before naptime. His nap was also very short, but hey you only turn two once! When he woke up we played with new toys until that became too overwhelming and then he watched truck videos. We joined some friends for Mexican food - "quesadeedas" are Jackson's favorite! He also had another cupcake (sure will be hard getting him to eat healthy tomorrow!). We then played some more before bed time. Overall, I think it was a perfect day celebrating our sweet boy. A big thanks to all of those that came and made his day so special!

If you made it all the way to the bottom, I apologize for this extremely long post! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute party! So sad we missed it! Happy birthday to your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete