Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Jackson's First Day of Preschool

Jackson started preschool last Thursday! He is attending school at Huntersville United Methodist Church and will be going two days a week from 9:15-1:00. We went to the open house last Tuesday to meet the teachers and drop off our supplies. After being there for all of three minutes Jacks was asking to go home! This was a little surprising because he had been talking about school for the two weeks prior and the last time I dropped off paper work at the church, he cried when we left saying "I want to go to school!" I think he got a bit overwhelmed with all of the kids and parents in the room (plus he wanted to go to the playground!).

Unfortunately, I cannot report that Thursday went any better. I dropped him off at 9:15 and he cried for me when I left. When I came back two hours later to pick him up, the director was holding him and he was crying again. I felt just awful! The report that I got was that he had fun playing on the playground and participated in an art project but cried on and off in between. He also got really upset when the moms started coming in to pick up their kids. There were still several kids there, but I will make sure to be early from now on so that he doesn't get so upset. I really do think that he will enjoy school once he gets used to it. He continues to talk about going to school and wants to carry a backpack and ride a bus! :) I think that is a good sign.

Here are a few pictures from the first day:



His teachers passed out these gold fish at the open house that said "you are o"fish"ally in preschool!"


They also included this sweet little "magic confetti" poem and confetti in their folders. It is a poem about the night before preschool and tells the kids to sprinkle the confetti by their bed to get a good night's rest. Jackson loved this and still makes us read the poem before nap and bed every day! We also read "The Nigh Before Preschool" but the pictures are on our real camera. 


Our sweet little preschooler! 



Carrying his bag in front of the school.


His friend Emma is in his class. We celebrated the first day by taking the kiddos to Brixx for lunch. 


This is what a big boy does when he is worn out from his first day of school - kicks back on the couch with Cars on the ipad and Lightning McQueen slippers on his feet! 


And the sweet little artwork from his first day....this is so true! 


I will post any better pictures that might be on the real camera once we get those uploaded. I will also post an update soon on how school is going! 


No comments:

Post a Comment