Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Two Days Away....

We are only two days away from the big day....Jackson's first birthday! I cannot believe how quickly the past year has gone by. Everyone tells you that it will, but hearing it is so different than living the reality of it. Another mom made the comment to me recently about how I am quickly discovering how fast our babies grow but that every minute seems better than the last. It is so true - thinking about Jackson being one year old is bittersweet for me. I am flooded with emotions on both ends of the spectrum. I am sad that our baby boy is growing so quickly. However, I am also having the best time with him and it seems to get more fun each month. He is so interactive now and loves being silly. He also enjoys getting out and about, reading books, playing silly games, and so much more! Although I do miss getting to cuddle that sweet little newborn, I really enjoy watching him explore and see his face light up each time he does something new for the first time. I can't think of any greater feeling than getting to see your child so happy. Currently, he is trying to walk. He can only take a couple of steps but he tries so hard and gets so excited. I love seeing that expression on his face! We were lucky enough to have a photographer here for Jackson's one year photos when he took some of his first steps.

The next few days are going to be busy getting the house cleaned, party details finalized, company arriving and celebrating the birthday boy, so I just wanted to take a brief minute to reflect (I will still do a monthly update and also write about the party but probably not until next week). I will leave you with a couple of the pics from the recent shoot. Can't wait to post more!




No comments:

Post a Comment