Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Jackson's Little Man Party

Jackson had a wonderful birthday party on Saturday! I am very appreciative to family for all of the help getting things set up and to all who could come celebrate his first year with us. It was a great day!

The party theme was a "Little Man Mustache Bash." Once I decided on this theme, I thoroughly scanned Etsy for party decorations and invitations. I purchased a digital package from Sour Punch Studio and focused on a color scheme of turquoise, orange, and green. I was able to edit a few of the items in the package to personalize them for Jackson. I then made some of the other signs online at picmonkey.com for free. Other DIY projects include a welcome wreath, picture frame to display his monthly photos, table decor, and Jackson's cake smash outfit. I will post pictures, resources, and more detailed instructions on how I made these items later. We set up a photo booth with props for the guests to take some fun themed photos. Jackson's mustache "1" onesie was also purchased on Etsy from Better Than Bows. Overall, it was a lot of fun planning this mustache bash - there was a lot of cutting, tying, taping, sewing, baking, and cooking - but all fun!



I designed the chalkboard style sign myself. I've seen several of these signs on Etsy but didn't want to pay $10-15 for one so I got creative and made one myself! 


The drink station consisted of "Little Man Lemonade." "Top Hat Tea," sangria, beer, and water. Check out the adorable water bottle labels below. 


We set up a photo booth area equipped with bowties, mustaches, and glasses props! Keep scrolling and you will find the pics. 


Here are pictures of the cake table and thank you table. The sign reads "Thanks for combing to my mustache bash!" Party favors included homemade neck tie and mustache sugar cookies and chocolate mustache lollipops! They were a bit time consuming but a lot of fun to decorate and oh so cute!! 



The menu consisted of "Manwiches," bowtie pasta salad, "Couch potatoes" (chips and french onion dip), veggies, and fruit. I made table centerpieces and other decor (vase below) by cutting out extra bowties and mustaches that were intended for the photo props and putting them a variety of vases. I also made the banner on the cake table above from the same props. This was pretty simple and added cute little touches throughout the house.


I made Jackson's highchair banner with scraps of fabric and ribbon that I already had. My inspiration was a picture that I saw on pinterest and I thought that it was worth trying to make myself. These things sell for around $30 on Etsy!! (Excuse my crooked hanging job). 


I made the cupcakes myself with some help from my mom with icing and putting the wrappers on/toppers in. I wanted the flavors to match the manly theme and landed on banana cake with peanut butter filling and chocolate frosting for one and chocolate bacon cake with maple frosting for the second. Yum! After baking four dozen cupcakes, making 3 dozen chocolate mustaches, and making/decorating a few more dozen cookies, I opted to purchase Jackson's cake from local bakery. It turned out super adorable and matched his decor perfectly! 


Some of our lovely party guests!




Jacks digging into his cake. YUMMY!! He went straight to the bath after he was finished playing. :) His little tie and matching diaper cover were made by yours truly! 



Uncle Drew (a good friend from dental school) brought the MVP - Most Valuable Present. The first thing Jackson opened was this giant, soft, cuddley, St. Bernard puppy and it was love at first sight! He is pretty obsessed with that dog. Good job Drew! I can honestly say though that he has been enjoying ALL of his gifts this week. He has played with each and every one (and I'm not just saying this to be nice). haha



Here are the pics from the "Photo Booth." We attached a piece of burlap to the wall with a few other decorations. Guests were able to use the photo props that I made or the mustache glasses and adhesive mustaches. Sweet little Graham probably wore that stache around for 30 minutes! 




Precious little Peyton had enough - she was such a trooper and sacrificed her nap to attend the party. 





We really had the most fabulous day! I put a lot of time into planning and organizing the party from researching themes, decor, food, DIY projects, etct. and it was so much fun to watch it all come together. I know that Jackson isn't going to remember his first party, but I sure did have fun and hope everyone else did too. Thanks again to all of those who celebrated our precious boy with us and those that checked in with us throughout the weekend to wish J a happy birthday! 

As if I didn't post enough already, but for anyone interested, I have uploaded all of the party pictures to shutterfly and would be happy to share. 

Thank you for checking out the long post/pictures. Now, I mustache. :) (Had to squeeze in one more cheesy mustache joke)! 















No comments:

Post a Comment